The Evolution Of ZenSpace: Our Timeline
As we enter the second round of our crowdfunding phase, we want to take a step or two back to reflect on the last few years. Like a rollercoaster, it’s been up and it’s been down
As we enter the second round of our crowdfunding phase, we want to take a step or two back to reflect on the last few years. Like a rollercoaster, it’s been up and it’s been down — it’s been nerve wracking, filled with twists and turns, but above all, it’s been an absolute thrill of a ride that makes us happy and proud that we did it. We couldn’t have done it without our amazing team and steadfast partners!
Just thinking about how far ZenSpace has come and about all of the milestones we’ve achieved feels like a reason to celebrate. So here’s our story, and what’s next for our SmartPods.
The Evolution: Key Moments In The History Of ZenSpace
Every innovative startup is destined to experience the organic flow of ups and downs, almost like an evolutionary right of passage. And when the wins start coming, it’s cause for celebration.
With that in mind, let’s take a dive into ZenSpace’s history and growth over time:
- October 2017: The inception. A simple idea of providing a zen-like, private workspace in the midst of public, crowded spaces was born. And not just any space, but an on-demand, tech-enabled, stylish, and functional office pod. The idea turned into what you now know as ZenSpace SmartPods!
- January 2018: Every business has a testing phase, and this was ours. And what better place to share our vision than at “The Global Stage for Innovation- CES?” We launched our first prototype/concept and displayed it for the world to see, at the world renowned tech show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- May 2018: Prototyping over! This was the first time an actual product was shown. And at another big stage, the International Council of Shopping Center’s RECon. This was the ideal place to showcase our design, and we were more than ready to show off our one of a kind business lounge.
- June 2018: This was the month that we piloted with Microsoft. ZenPods were featured at Microsoft IGNITE’18 in Florida to over 25,000 attendees. A big moment, indeed.
- February 2019: With several trade shows under our belt and excitement building within the marketplace, it was time to step on the gas. To grow our startup and to reach our maximum potential, we came up with the idea of crowdfunding.
- Crowdfunding, for those of you who don’t know, is a way to raise capital through... you guessed it — the crowd! People (who aren’t necessarily investors or part of some VC firm) can invest and get returns in some form or the other. Our round was equity crowdfunding, meaning, the backers get a share in the company depending on the investment made.
- We used SeedInvest (one of the best equity crowdfunding platforms out there) to raise money. The round was extremely successful, with more than $400,000 raised from 250+ backers.
- December 2019: With the launch of new ZenSpace apps and SmartPods at Sands Expo Convention Center & Las Vegas Convention Center, we announced our market-ready workspace solution. Boom.
- February 2020: On to Silicon Valley! It’s there where we launched our first official up and running SmartPod, by partnering with the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara.
- There have been many exciting milestones along the way, and with great anticipation, we look to the future.
The Future of ZenSpace - Current & Anticipated Milestones
- June 2020: Our second round of crowdfunding has begun. In fact, it’s live on Start Engine right now. Come check it out and consider joining us to help transform the future of work!
- June 2020: We’re currently communicating with URW at Westfield Valley Fair, an upscale mall in Silicon Valley. You may see the world’s first instant coworking and premium business lounge before you know it!
- July 2020: July looks to be a very promising month. We anticipate the announcement of our first residential workspace solution. And in NYC no less!
At the moment, our focus is on these three milestones, while still keeping the bigger picture in mind.
We’re all about the big picture. And the ultimate goal is our mission to transform workspaces everywhere. We’re so proud of what we accomplished, but in many ways this is just the beginning! It’s with much anticipation that we look to the future, and with confident expectation.